Immigrant Services Fall 2014 InternshipImmigrant Services Network of Austin
Welcoming City Initiative Fall 2014 InternshipImmigrant Services Network of Austin
Mobile Greenhouse Assistant TeacherCompass Green
Development InternAmerican Autism Association
Fundraising & Community Outreach InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Michigan Field Development Assistant - Fall InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionPosition Title: Michigan Field Development Assistant
Reports To: Senior Coordinator, Field Development- Michigan
Location: Remote/ Cleveland, OH office
Hours/Days Per Week: Monday through Friday (4 hrs/day; 20 hrs/week; flexible as needed, nights and weekends as events come into calendar)
Length of Assignment: Fall 2014 (August to December)
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Autism Speaks staff in planning and implementing the Walk Now for Autism Speaks event and local special events.
• Provide administrative support to the Autism Speaks staff as needed (answer telephones, data entry, email correspondence, mailings, materials management, packet assembly, etc.)
• In conjunction with the Autism Speaks staff, provide customer service for Walk participants, team captains, volunteers, committee members and chairpersons, including donation questions, shipment of materials, etc.
• Assist Autism Speaks staff with planning of Walk Kick-Off events, Awards events and various Walk/Chapter functions.
• Create Walk/Event Materials (flyers, posters, e-mail correspondence, letters, etc.) as needed.
• Work closely with Autism Speaks staff to achieve the Walk goals through practicing the Walk strategies identified in the business plan for the annual Walk, including strategies regarding sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, Kickoff and a year-long communications plan.
Future Possible Roles
• In conjunction with Autism Speaks staff, implement the global campaigns of Autism Speaks such as Government Relations, Family Services, Community Outreach and Science initiatives.
• Make presentations about Autism Speaks and Walk Now for Autism Speaks to businesses, organizations and community groups to recruit teams of walkers
RequirementsRelated Skills and Knowledge
• Superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outgoing and friendly personality, along with creativity and enthusiasm.
• Ability to work independently and with volunteers, staff, donors, media and the general public.
• Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
If you interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please contact:
Sally Ahmed, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org