Development Intern (Fundraising/Event Planning)R Baby Foundation
Summer Internship in St. Paul, Minnesota - Knight FoundationJohn S. and James L. Knight Foundation
International Peace Quest Institute Internship ProgramInternational Peace Quest Institute
Photography/Media InternshipClean Lakes Alliance
Print & Media Design InternshipClean Lakes Alliance
Middle East/North Africa non-profit Internship (in DC)Bookmark This
Education for Employment
1612 K St NW
DescriptionEducation For Employment (EFE) (www.efe.org) is a non-profit foundation that creates opportunities for youth in the Middle East and North Africa through market-relevant, high quality training linked to job opportunities. Youth unemployment is increasingly recognized as one of the most critical issues facing the region, and EFE has built an innovative model to address this issue through local foundations that create market-driven training linked to job opportunities for disconnected youth.
EFE is seeking a graduate student to intern at its DC offices for the Spring 2013 semester. This is a fantastic learning opportunity for enthusiastic students, who are passionate about the Middle East and interested in the challenges faced by youth in the region. It is also a great chance to be part of a diverse team and a growing organization that is making its mark in the field and leading the way to tackle economic challenges for youth through innovative market driven solutions.
This internship is unpaid, but a transportation stipend will be provided.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the words "INTERN APPLICATION-Graduate DC" in the subject line of your email. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Responsibilities• Research and prepare profiles on organizations potentially suitable for partnership with EFE-Global and EFE Affiliates
• Research and prepare profiles of corporations that are potential employer partners
• Conduct extensive online research on economic and market data for the MENA region
• Conduct research on industry growth and private sector development in EFE countries of operation
• Research potential grant opportunities
• Support the proposal-writing process
• Creating and submitting program reports
• Prepare talking points and PowerPoint presentations, as requested
• Assist in preparing case studies and success stories on EFE affiliates and alumni
• Manage setting up EFE’s contact management database
• Other tasks as assigned
Please note that there might be occasional requests for administrative support.
Requirements1. Masters degree in progress, ideally in international relations, business, public policy, international development, Middle East studies, international education, economic development
2. Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa region
3. Strong interest in international affairs and familiarity with international groups and organizations
4. French or Arabic language skills preferred
5. Excellent research, written and oral communication skills
6. Interest in fundraising, grant & proposal writing
7. Candidate must be flexible, enthusiastic, a quick learner, and able to work independently
8. International fieldwork or travel experience a plus but not required