NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/PROGRAM INTERNBookmark This
Firm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
750 Beal Street
DescriptionFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc. is a Charlotte-based non-profit organization founded on the belief that by empowering young people and families with strong principles, knowledge and tools that we are installing within them a firm foundation that will allow them to sustain as upright and productive individuals. We believe that ALL have the potential to succeed in life and contribute to society.
Firm Foundations is currently in search of volunteer interns to aid in the success of our organization while gaining valuable experience in the non-profit field. In a positive, Christian-based work environment that allows one to directly see the impact of their hard work, we are sure to make this internship an enjoyable great work experience.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain current knowledge of youth development and generate ideas on how to improve existing programs.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in the non-profit field to aid in the expansion of the organization.
• Assist program director with all aspects of the youth programs as necessary with scheduling, set-up, implementation, breakdown, volunteer assignments, etc.
• Create and manage database of volunteers.
• Manage the resource development process for the organization, which includes generating solicitation letters, receiving payment, tracking, assist with planning events, and generating thank you letters to donors and volunteers.
• Responsible for donation requests, which include tracking requests, coordinating delivery or pick-up of items, managing inventory and reporting items donated.
• Assist manager in grant cycle and site visit phases as necessary with processing grants; maintaining records of applications received; declined and accepted; assisting with VIP committee meetings; site visits and follow-up evaluation.
• Generate reports to the director.
• Assist with all hosted events.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate level students or recent college graduates.
• Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, Education coursework or degrees preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Powerpoint and Excel required).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must have own transportation (most work is "virtual" with approximately 8 hours a week onsite)
• Will be required to complete and pass a background check