Marketing InternA Better Road Foundation Inc.
Communications InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development & Marketing InternshipFairmount Community Development Corporation
Charity Ambassadors Wanted! (New Jersey candidates only)Allure Marketing Group
Non-Profit Administration InternBookmark This
Description1in6, Inc. provides a valuable resource to male survivors, our friends, relatives, community members, and professionals. 1in6 facilitates trainings, awareness presentations and engages in outreach through the website content, weekly blog, college/community events and various social media platforms, as well as our many awareness campaigns such as 1BlueString. 1in6 provides support to survivors through the free LendingLibrary, Materials for Download, and 24/7 Online SupportLine in partnership with RAINN the anti-sexual assault organization working with local rape crisis centers across the U.S.
1in6 seeks interns with a keen interest in nonprofit management to join its team. The Nonprofit Administration intern, under the guidance of the Community Education, Awareness & Outreach Director, will provide support for the various responsibilities needed to manage a growing organization. By assisting in the day-to-day operations the incumbent will learn the strategic management of services, awareness campaigns, and outreach initiatives implemented to engage and support the target populations.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the guidance of the EOA Director the intern will:
• Assist in program research and outreach follow up
• Monitor & report social media analytics, trends, and outcomes
• Fulfill outreach campaigns including mailings, weekly blog and literature requests
• Document literature requests and shipments
• Recruit & coordinate volunteers
• Manage office supply inventory
• Document outreach initiatives
• Manage blog calendar and timely distribution
• Field requests & inquiries from various sources
• Monitor & ensure website content accuracy
• Assist in the development of relationships with potential community outreach partners (local businesses, college campuses, community members and others)
• Provide support to directors as needed
RequirementsThe ideal candidate must:
• Enrolled in Business Administration/Management, Non-profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Social Work or similar program
• Have an Associate degree or a two year undergraduate equivalent (3rd or 4th Yr. preferred)
• Demonstrated experience in project management, data collection and transcription
• A high level of skill in document creation/management
• Familiarity with various social media platforms
• A strong interest in social responsibility/justice
• An understanding of confidentiality and managing sensitive information
• Be very detail-oriented, organized and able to work on multiple activities simultaneously
• Have exceptional people and communication skills
• Be able to work 12-20 hours a week (Some nights and weekends may be required, including travel outside of the Los Angeles area)
• Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus