Non-Profit InternBookmark This
Beauty Bus Foundation
2716 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 1062
Santa Monica, CA
A Non-Profit Administrative intern will have the opportunity to interact with patients facing terminal and chronic illness outside of the hospital environment and observe the mental and physical obstacles they and their caregivers face on a daily basis. The ideal intern has a flexible schedule for availability weekdays between 10am until 5pm.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Passionate and dedicated to the work and mission of Beauty Bus
• Organized, reliable, respectful and professional
• Capable of initiating and maintaining relationships
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Willingness to travel to the homes of clients with serious health issues around Los Angeles county
• Ability to effectively work alone and in a group setting
The Beauty Bus Foundation delivers dignity, hope and respite to chronically or terminally ill men, women and children and their caregivers through beauty and grooming services and pampering products. Beauty Bus accomplishes our mission through In-Home Beauty and Grooming Services, Pop-Up Salons, and the Bag of Beauty Program. Beauty Bus’ core program provides in-home beauty and grooming services, free of charge, to patients whose illness or condition prevents them from accessing a salon or spa, and their caregivers.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities include:
• Represent Beauty Bus Foundation as a Beauty Buddy on In-Home Visits. As a Beauty Buddy, you will be provided with a schedule of In-Home Visits in which you will partner with a Beauty Professional to provide a beauty or grooming service to clients and their caregivers.
• While In-Home Visits will contain the majority of your field work and participation as an intern, you will also be responsible for helping to develop the In-Home Services Program through direct client communication.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Interview clients and volunteers regarding impact of services
• Research relevant psycho-social topics to enhance quality of care
• Maintain regular contact with current clients and their caregivers
• Reach out to former clients and caregivers to engage them in our mission
• Assist staff in developing a volunteer intranet with support resources
• Office and administrative work (client, volunteer and social service outreach)
Requirements- Provide resume & 2 references (non-family)
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
Commitment & Eligibility: Interns must attend a mandatory training session prior to attending an In-Home Visit and will commit to a regular weekly schedule between 8 and 10 hours for a minimum of 8 weeks. Applicants must be 18 or older, be able to pass a criminal background check and provide two references. Reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license and insurance is also necessary.