Nonprofit Seeks An Executive Assistant (fremont / union city / newark)Bookmark This
DescriptionMySahana (www.mysahana.org) a South Asian mental health nonprofit is seeking an executive assistant to work 10-15 hours per week. This position will specifically shadow the Executive Director and serve as her “right arm” by supporting media relations and correspondence, budget management, personnel management, outreach and fundraising, etc.
Someone who is looking to understand the ins and outs of nonprofit development.
A recent college grad looking for real world experience before attending graduate school.
A retired professional looking to share experience with a budding nonprofit organization.
Someone who is passionate about helping the community.
10-15 hours per week on weekdays only
This is an unpaid position.
Please email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Recruits and schedules guests for MySahana's mental health radio show
2) Assist the Director of Operations with delegating projects and tasks, following up on deadlines, inputs volunteer timesheets, etc.
3) Manages the office - answering phone calls, emails, directing messages to appropriate staff and ensuring all necessary forms are available at all times, etc.
4) Event planning - being the lead on events and projects, coordinating with partner organizations to host events, etc
5) Assists in preparation of weekly intern meetings, as well as bi-monthly board meetings.
6) Newsletter - editing and publishing monthly newsletter.
7) Grant writing
1) High school diploma/GED (required)
2) Passion for South Asian mental health awareness (required)
3) Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills (required)
4) Detail oriented, independent worker and highly motivated (required)
5) Strong skills with MS Word, Excel, Google applications, and Powerpoint.
6) Flexibility and strong multi-tasking abilities are a must
7) Needs to be a positive, enthusiastic team player who works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of volunteers and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results