Community Outreach Intern - FALL 2014Bookmark This
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas
1400 Tillery Street
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas provided more than 80,000 hours of one-to-one mentoring to nearly 1,400 children in Central Texas throughout 2013. For more than 40 years, we have matched children, ages 6-16, with supportive adult mentors who build friendships and offer encouragement and support to each child.
BBBS is seeking one intern for the Fall 2014 semester who can work a minimum of 12 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but may be available for course credit.
• Assist on-site and off-site in both administrative and outreach activities
• Duties include data entry, phone and email correspondence with clients and community leaders, and related organizational tasks
• Community outreach to Big Brothers Big Sisters’ clients
• Assist in set-up and tear-down for community outreach events
Applicant must be a recent graduate or current college student. The following qualifications are highly preferred, but not required:
• Must be flexible and able to manage stress during unpredictable situations
• Ability to follow directions, work independently, and efficiently manage one’s time
• Excellent communication skills with open and respectful attitude with people from various walks of life
• Computer literacy required, comfortable utilizing Microsoft Office programs and navigating the internet
• Reliable transportation to and from BBBS, valid driver’s license required
• Sincere interest in the work, programs, and mission of the BBBS organization
• Eager to learn the operational functions of a nonprofit organization
• Available to work on a committed weekly schedule with a minimum of 12 hours a week for at least one semester during 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. office hours. Available for minimal evening/weekend work as well.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to Veronica Fox at VFox@bigmentoring.org. (Subject line should read “Community Outreach Internship”). Please, no phone calls.