Family Services AmeriCorps memberMilwaukee Habitat for Humanity
Communications InternCentral Florida College
Make-A-Wish Intern Fall Internship 2016Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire
Executive Board Positions for Rising Non ProfitPack a Smile
Strategic Communications InternHuman Impacts Institute
Creative Developement InternHuman Impacts Institute
NGO Developement InternHuman Impacts Institute
Operations & Development InternshipBookmark This
2342 Shattuck Ave
Posted: August 20 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOperations and Development Intern, Tikkun Magazine
Description of Position:
Tikkun magazine and its consciousness-raising arm, the Network of Spiritual Progressives are looking for an operations and development intern for the Fall 2014 semester (and possibly beyond). The skills that this internship will provide are particularly well suited towards someone who is interested in building a career in non-profit management, development, or a related field. You will work closely with our operations and development manager to interface daily with our subscribers, members, and broader community of supporters. Your duties will include database work building and cleaning up lists, researching grants, event planning, and general support for Tikkun’s development work. You will play a key role in building Tikkun magazine’s readership as well as the NSP’s spheres of influence.
Please submit a single file with resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Leila@tikkun.org. Please type "Operations and Development Intern– [Last Name]" in the subject line.
Compensation: This position is unpaid; however, our interns have often been successful in using their internship with us as the basis for breaking into paying full time employment with media, magazines, academia, book publishing, and online publishing.
• Help lead Tikkun’s grassroots fundraising initiatives
• Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
• Assist online and direct mail for fundraising campaigns and subscription renewals
• Assist in the planning and execution of organizational special events
• Offer support in event planning and communication for young adult outreach efforts
• Conduct outreach to bookstores, libraries, and other institutions
• Assist in expanding online and print advertisement sales
• Assist the director of the Network of Spiritual Progressives with membership outreach
• Help to draft membership newsletters and event invitations
• Affinity for the social justice orientation of our organization
• Strong interest and creative approach to marketing and development strategy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and energetic approach to data entry and mailings
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and database management programs or the ability to quickly learn these skills.
• Enthusiasm for fundraising and development
• Strong work ethic