On-Site InternBookmark This
DescriptionMySahana (www.mysahana.org) is a mental health nonprofit dedicated to reducing stigma and increasing awareness in the South Asian community. Founded on January 25, 2010, the organization received the ICC Seva Award in September 2011, being named the most innovative nonprofit.
MySahana is looking for 1-3 interns to help the Director of Operations with the activities of the organization. Responsibilities include administrative support, research, marketing strategies, fundraising, event planning, etc.
This internship can count for hours toward college requirements. Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Volunteer@mysahana.org
For the exceptional intern, this position has the option of becoming full time with more responsibilities.
ResponsibilitiesProjects and Responsibilities (not a comprehensive list):
- Volunteer and intern recruitment
- Assist with operations including answering the phone and emails
- Managing social media accounts
- Work with web-developer to improve website functioning
- Event planning
- Grant writing
- Editing and publishing our monthly newsletter
RequirementsThe ideal intern will be interested in pursuing a career in social service nonprofit work. It will be an opportunity to work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure smooth functioning of the nonprofit on a daily basis.
- Some college, must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet research, Google products
- Familiarity with common social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- No criminal history
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented is a must
- Ability to multi-task
- Creative, critical thinker and always trying to improve MySahana operations
- Excellent time-management skills
- Self motivated
- Positive energy with excellent initiative
- Must be able to commute to Fremont
10-15 hours per week
6 month commitment required