Operations InternBookmark This
5508 Parkcrest Dr.
DescriptionThe Operations intern will receive broad experience in many facets of the non-profit organization. This is perfect for the person to aims to find efficient and effective methods to support the operations and resources of the organization. Focus will be on creative problem-solving, organizing processes and communicating best practices and opportunities to our paid and volunteer resources. This dynamic position will have you working managing data one day, creating a lunch & learn development opportunity for staff another, and then researching vendors to lower costs and increase productivity. Ability to manage multiple projects and willingness to see the importance of the details will be key to success.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the intern job title and your first and last name in the subject line of the email.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE www.komenaustin.org FOR APPLICATION DEADLINES
• Recruitment, Hiring & Training of interns and staff
• Employee Wellness Program Planning & Implementation
• Staff & Volunteer Appreciation
• Training and Professional Development
• Assist with writing, editing and layout of policy and procedures documents
• Support general office duties and look for ways to make internal operations more efficient and productive
• Facilities, Purchasing and IT management
Constituent Database Management
• Data management and reporting
• Data manipulation and analysis
• Data entry, importing and organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Web research
• Strong Data organization skills and experience
Other duties as assigned
• Experience in the non-profit sector
• “Hands-On” ownership of projects, building experience in project management
• Collaboration and networking with multiple departments and customers both internal and external
RequirementsRequired Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
• Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
• Have strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is a plus
• Enrolled or hold degree in Human Resources, Database Management or Business Management
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have reliable transportation
• A minimum of three days per week, with at least 4 hours per day.
• Hours may vary from the standard 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. based on upcoming events.