Children's Museum of the Upstate Youth Leadership Development InternshipThe Children's Museum of the Upstate
Communications Internship (Spring 2015 Semester)Safer Chemicals Healthy Families
Development InternshipDown Syndrome Association of Central Florida
Special Events Intern, Light The Night- Texas Gulf Coast ChapterLeukemia & Lymphoma Society
Executive InternPro Players Foundation
Operations & Logistics InternshipBookmark This
Child Development Institute
7260 Owensmouth Avenue
Canoga Park, CA
DescriptionSUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Operations and Logistics Intern will support overall facility performance, including Center facility organization, preventative maintenance and repair procedures for the CDI Early Learning Center (ELC). Additionally, this person will also support Center staff in coordinating opportunities for volunteers to support overall facility operations, including support in the garden, cleaning and repairs and other special projects. The Operations and Logistics Intern is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of furniture, toys, and other semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, etc.).
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform minor repair of toys and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures; replace light bolts, air filters, etc.
- Clean assigned areas of the ELC; vents, windows, etc., as needed
- Perform custodial duties; wash/clean front patio, outdoor classroom and children’s, as needed
- Assist in maintenance of building; minor repair in walls, painting, replace wooden cookies, etc.
- Work to coordinate projects for volunteers with Volunteer Coordinator
- Perform other related duties as assigned
RequirementsSKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to:
- Experience in building and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Knowledge in the use of power and hand tools, adhering to safety practices, etc.
- Confident self-starter
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
- Walking, standing, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling
COMMITMENT: Minimum 3-5 hours per week. Preferably semester committement. This is an unpaid internship. However, job search support is available and a reference letter will be provided at the conclusion of the internship.