Outreach AssistantBookmark This
29 Winter St.
DescriptionThe Bridges to College program is a 23-week, pre-college program, designed to help students improve their academic skills and college placement test scores. Students take math and English classes four days a week and participate in academic coaching once a week.
The Internship with Bridges to College Recruitment is an excellent opportunity for a student leader who wants to expand their skills and resume while making a big difference for one of Boston's leading nonprofit agencies. The Bridges to College program changes the lives of low income or disadvantaged people by helping them gain the academic skills needed to succeed in college. Recruitment is the lifeblood of the department; every six months we need to reach into the community and find the people who most need our services. Interns can get involved in projects that involve social media management, marketing, public speaking, and other outreach. A leadership resume is helpful but not required; we train most skills. Candidates seeking the position do need a willingness to learn and also the desire to impact Boston by bringing education and opportunity to those who need it most.
8-12 hours per week
Flexible schedule (daytime or evenings)
Requirements• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Applications
• Good organizational skills
• Enjoys working with diverse populations
• Confident with public speaking, meeting new people, and marketing efforts
• Comfortable making outreach phone calls and cold calls for recruitment
• Able to work as a team or independently
• Comfortable traveling around the Greater Boston area to assist with program recruitment efforts
• Experience with spreadsheets/ databases preferred