Outreach and Event Management InternBookmark This
Chesapeake Humane Society
312 N. Battlefield Blvd.
DescriptionThe Chesapeake Humane Society seeks an internship for our Outreach and Event Coordinator to plan, develop, implement and oversee community outreach activities and fundraising events for the organization. These activities include, but are not limited to, awareness, fundraising, targeted spay/neuter, and adoption events. This is a great opportunity that will help develop skills in the following areas: fund raising, event planning, project management and financial management. The successful candidate will be innovative, proactive, and have the ability to cultivate positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, and donors. The position requires initiative, independent judgment as well as strong planning, logistical, and event management skills. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Management of 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment