Partnership Development InternshipBookmark This
407 Fulton St.
Building Tomorrow, Inc. (BT), an international social-profit organization empowering young people to invest their resources, time and talents in providing students in East Africa with access to an education, is seeking motivated college students to assist the Millennial Motivator in developing strategic partnerships to increase Building Tomorrow’s reach on college campuses.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow currently works with a growing network of over 25 collegiate chapters to directly support the construction of community-sponsored primary schools throughout rural Uganda. To date, Building Tomorrow has completed 15 primary schools, providing safe classroom space for over 4,000 students with a full-time staff of four in the US and ten in Uganda.
Building Tomorrow believes that creativity, innovation, and learning require idea sharing and collaborative environments. To facilitate collaboration, Building Tomorrow employs a unique internship model called a paired internship program. Within the construct of the paired internship program, two part-time interns are hired for each intern project. Intern pairs will work together to generate innovative ideas and complete assigned projects.
• Internship timeframe: September-December
• Hours per week: approximately 15 hrs.
• Internships are unpaid, however, we will gladly help you receive academic credit for your internship
specific responsibilities will include:
• Researching potential philanthropic and university based partnerships
• Drafting outreach material for new potential partners
• Reaching out to potential on-campus partners
• Attending over the phone meetings with the Millennial Motivator and potential partners
• Other duties as assigned
Requirementswe want you to apply if you…
• Have a passion for education equality
• Believe in the power of young people to change the world
• Are a self-starter and a do-er
• Enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges
• Are a strong team player with a self-motivated work ethic
• Are open to brainstorming and collaborating with an entire office
• Seek to find ways in which education aid can be sustainable, culturally relevant and life-changing
• Are adaptable and a quick learner
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills