Programming Intern, summer 2014Chicago Humanities Festival
YMCA Camp Chandler- Camp InternYMCA Camp Chandler- YMCA Montgomery
Special Events, Marketing, Public Relations InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Case Management Volunteer (2 positions)CUCS
Administrative Volunteer (1 position)CUCS
Program Development FellowBookmark This
Women's Initiative for Self Employment
1398 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionPosition Location/Region: San Francisco Hub, Office in the Mission
Hours and times:
Minimum of 25 hrs/wk, Mondays mandatory
Date of Job Creation: 6/26/2013
About Women’s Initiative: Women's Initiative for Self Employment provides high-potential, low-income women with the training, funding and ongoing support to start their own businesses and become financially self-sufficient. The women who go through our program significantly increase their income and assets while launching businesses, creating jobs and stimulating the local economy. We have three urban hubs serving the East Bay, New York City, and San Francisco.
Reports To: Successlink Specialist, San Francisco
Interacts with: Volunteer Program Manager, Program Staff, clients
· Active participation as a valued member of the Program team
· Opportunity to “learn-by-doing” program administration, development, and coordination at an established economic development/microenterprise organization
· Opportunity to build your skills in customer service, case management, and consultations
· Opportunity to work with volunteers, clients, and staff at different levels of program management
Work Schedule and Hours:
· 25 hours per week during business hours for 12 weeks beginning Monday, April 7, 2014.
· Availability to be present in our downtown Oakland office all day on Monday, April 7 is required and every Monday for trainings.
· Availability to be present in our downtown Oakland and Mission San Francisco offices for trainings may be required and will be based around fellows’ schedules as much as possible.
· Some nights and weekends required.
HOW TO APPLY:
This application is in two parts – if you wish to be considered, please complete both parts.
Part 1: Online application: www.surveymonkey.com/s/fellowsapplication. Indicate “program” as an area of interest and specifically mention this position in the short essay portion.
Part 2: Send a resume to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Talent Development
No calls please – we strive to reply to each interested person, but due to volume may not be able to respond to your inquiry. We recommend you apply if interested and go through the preliminary screening process in which you’ll have the chance to ask questions about the position.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities include: supporting our on-going support program to ensure our graduates have the best access to services possible in San Francisco.
· Participate in Monday Fellows Trainings (approx. 6 hrs/wk)
· Call clients to provide case management for our graduates in both English and Spanish (approx. 10 hours/week)
· Call clients to encourage renewal in our ongoing support program in both English and Spanish (approx. 5 hours/week)
· Create a calendar of activities for Successlink program in both English and Spanish (approx. 5 hours/week)
· All other duties as assigned
Please note: This position requires Spanish-language proficiency and comfort calling and communicating with our clients in both English and Spanish. In addition, this position is heavily administrative in nature and require excellent customer service skills.
Skills and Abilities
· English language fluency required; Spanish language proficiency required, fluency a plus.
· High level of professionalism.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize several tasks.
· Detail-oriented and results oriented.
· Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and database management programs in a Windows-type environment.
· Excellent judgment and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· BA/BS or equivalent experience
· Sincere interest and commitment to women’s issues and our mission is a must
· Good sense of humor and flexibility required