Project Management AssistantBookmark This
Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley
922 W. Riverview Ave.
DescriptionCatholic Social Services of the Miami Valley offers assistance to people in need regardless of religion, ethnic background or socioeconomic condition. Established in 1921, the agency now serves nearly 30,000 people per year in eight counties: Montgomery, Greene, Preble, Darke, Miami, Mercer, Shelby and Auglaize. Some services are also provided in Champaign and Logan Counties.
Background: The Refugee Resettlement Program is the first point of contact for newly arrived refugees. With the primary goal to assist refugees attain self-sufficiency in their new community, the Resettlement Team provides support, guidance and orientation throughout the phases of resettlement. Services include securing housing, addressing medical concerns, developing life skills, assistance with job placement and linking refugees to mainstream services. The current case load primarily consists of refugees from Iraq and the East African countries of Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Functions: Under the direction of the program Volunteer and Resource Coordinator, the Project Management Assistant will assist with Pre-Arrival Coordination, through the following tasks:
• Facilitate pre-arrival tasks including, but not limited to shopping, house set up, housing inspection and subsequent paperwork.
• Follow protocol to ensure all households are set up with required items.
• Assist with volunteer management, including initiating contact and managing volunteer activities throughout the housing set-up process
• Managing and sorting in-kind donations
• Perform other job related tasks deemed necessary and/or as assigned by supervisor
• An interest in international and refugee issues
• A minimum of a bachelors degree candidate and/or experience in the field of international studies, communications, project management or related field.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in a fast-paced environment
• A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with insurance required
• Effective communication and writing skills with a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrates creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
• Exhibits maturity and a high degree of cultural competence
• Strong computer skills
• Must be available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1p-6p
• Minimum of 15-20 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months
• Available work hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm