Family Services AmeriCorps memberMilwaukee Habitat for Humanity
Communications InternCentral Florida College
Make-A-Wish Intern Fall Internship 2016Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire
Executive Board Positions for Rising Non ProfitPack a Smile
Strategic Communications InternHuman Impacts Institute
Creative Developement InternHuman Impacts Institute
NGO Developement InternHuman Impacts Institute
Project Management & Social Media InternBookmark This
BMV Magazine Online
15213 Aylesbury Street
Silver Spring, MD
Posted: August 24 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur consulting company is seeking candidates for the field of project management and social media. We have partnered with a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, that has served individuals and communities through education and sports management for over two decades. Interns will gain valuable knowledge and experience, and our large professional network will benefit interns on future endeavors.
Responsibilities• Project planning and ongoing development
• Ensuring efficient and effective communication
• Assisting in marketing design, planning, and implementation
• Working with social media to increase the project’s social media presence and engagement.
• Database and knowledge management
• Consulting with local partners, affiliates, and prospective donors
• Planning and coordinating project logistics including meetings, events, and travel
• Working with a variety of multimedia tools
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
Requirements• Enrollment or graduation in a degree related to project management & social media (business administration, marketing, etc); previous experience will also be considered
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Knowledge and experience using social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Willingness to create video blogs and social media posts daily
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Flexibility and ability to deal with uncertainty
• Ability to function and contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams