Make a Difference! We’re ChangingThePresent.org Work in NYC or VirtuallyChangingThePresent.org
Bridges to College Project & Community Outreach AssistantJVS Boston
Bridges to College Office AssistantJVS Boston
Refugee Services Employment Specialist AssistantJVS Boston
Social Media & Community Management InternL.A. HALO Inc. Helping Angelenos Live Optimisically
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionMusic THINKS Foundation provides music therapy programs to patients suffering from mental illness, cognitive decline and at-risk populations. Founded in Los Angeles, our aim is to implement novel neuroscience research to provide therapeutic support for people in need. Music Therapy programs are implemented and carried out with trained volunteers and healthcare professionals. We work with leading researchers in the field as well as influential musicians to promote music therapy and Music THINKS initiatives. We are looking for a motivated intern to join the team to support PR efforts.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.