Public Relations InternBookmark This
DescriptionWHALER's Creation is a small nonprofit organization that's been around since 2005 in the DC . WHALER's Creation works with foster youth promoting foster care and adoption. We are looking for a public relations person who has an eye for creating ways to brand, promote and market a small nonprofit organization doing phenomenal work in a community with movers and shakers.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.