RSN Communications InternBookmark This
As You Sow
1611 Telegraph Ave., Suite 1450
DescriptionABOUT RESPONSIBLE SOURCING NETWORK
The Responsible Sourcing Network (RSN) is a project of As You Sow (www.asyousow.org) dedicated to ending human rights abuses and forced labor associated with the raw materials found in products we use every day. RSN builds responsible supply chain coalitions of diverse stakeholders including investors, companies, and human rights advocates. Currently, RSN works with network participants to leverage their influence in the areas of conflict minerals from the Congo and forced labor in the cotton fields of Uzbekistan to create positive change for brands, consumers, and the impacted communities.
RSN is seeking one Communications Intern to assist in supporting the work of the Cotton and Minerals Programs. Main assistance will be with updating RSN’s website, www.sourcingnetwork.org, which is set up in SquareSpace. The preferred candidate will know HTML and CSS. In addition, social media and database projects may include but not be limited to drafting blog posts and website content, populating media contacts in our database, increasing traffic to our twitter and facebook accounts, and researching related stories or corporate activities.
We encourage all applicants to review our website www.sourcingnetwork.org before applying.
Send your resume and a cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to email@example.com no later than September 28. Include “RSN Communications Intern” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Assisting with the updating and maintaining of the RSN website
• Assisting with the maintenance of RSN’s social networking sites
• Increasing the traffic with RSN’s facebook and twitter accounts
• Researching news to post messages on facebook, twitter, etc.
• Populating RSN media and photo library database
• Assisting with the development of fundraising and communications materials
• Monitoring and recording news alerts and RSN’s press coverage
• Populating a database to track journalists interested in RSN’s work
• Supporting program staff with basic organizational and research tasks
• Be proficient in HTML and CSS. Ideally have experience working with SquareSpace.
• Be a recent graduate or pursuing a graduate degree or an advanced undergraduate (junior or senior) in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
• Be facile in internet research.
• Have excellent research, analysis, writing, and communication skills.
• Be able to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Have strong organizational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail a must.
• Be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and committed to excellence.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Interest in Human Rights, Labor Rights, Social issues, and New Media.
• Interest in Corporate Responsibility.