Relay For Life, Fundraising and Event InternBookmark This
American Cancer Society
986 South Springfield Avenue
DescriptionMission of the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives from cancer, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Relay For Life is an organized, overnight community fundraising walk. For more information please visit: www.relayforlife.org.
Responsibilities- Learn how Relay Specialists review event data from previous years and determine untapped potential for various community and college events
- Observe trends in and discuss with Relay Specialists ideas on how to increase fundraising and mission education through events
- Use Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets
- Learn ways to retain volunteers through recognition. Students will have an opportunity to generate their own volunteer recognition ideas.
- Shadow Relay For Life Specialists on how to execute large scale events
- Administrative assistance
RequirementsIdeal minimum hours would be between 8-16 hours a week.
Internship is nonpaid but candidates can receive school credit.
Must be experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.