Support Navigator InternBookmark This
209 West Ohio Street
DescriptionNoStigmas.org is based in Chicago with the mission to raise awareness and erase the stigmas surrounding suicide and mental illness by sharing stories of hope and inspiration, educating the general public and those affected by mental illness by providing them with information and support. In collaboration with our Wellness Advisory Council, we will be building a network of peer-2-peer support.
NoStigmas.org is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization founded in 2007.
Interns will work closely with other interns and our Wellness Advisory Council to achieve the following objectives:
- Act as a conduit to care, connecting people with free/low cost mental health services in their areas
- Develop online, verbal and in-person communications with healthcare service users
- Acquire efficient data management and organizational skills
- Learn different strategies to connect service users and providers
- Compile reports to be channeled to supervisor and Wellness Advisory Council
- Respond to inquiries online, verbally or in person about mental health resources and peer support
- Connect people to low cost or free mental health services in their area
- Interact with those in need of mental health services and service providers
- Develop partnerships with other mental health and other wellness organizations
- Create relationships with other organizations or companies that relates to NoStigmas objectives and initiatives.
RequirementsMinimum GPA: 3.0
- Applicants should come from fields of research, social work or non-profit management
- This job requires interns to work on site at our offices in River North, Chicago
- This job requires a minimum of 15 hours per week
- This job requires analysis.
- This job requires building & maintaining relationships with customers.
- This job allows time and space to work in solitude.
- This job relies heavily on written communication.
- This job requires providing help or service to others.
- This job requires directing people or resources to achieve a goal.
- This job requires business acumen.
- This job emphasizes predictable efficiency.