Membership Coordinator and Public Advocacy InternshipLevantine Cultural Center
Programs InternNational Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
HOPE Office of the Chairman Internship (Atlanta, GA)Operation HOPE, Inc.
Production & Artistic InternDetroit Chamber Winds & Strings
Events & Marketing InternAlliance to Save Energy
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
WorldBeat Cultural Center
2100 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA
The WorldBeat Cultural Center is dedicated to promoting and preserving African, African-American, and other indigenous cultures of the world through art, music, dance, education, and technology. Classes in international dance and drumming are offered year round. The WorldBeat Center strives to enhance the visibility of cultural artists, expand opportunities for cultural enrichment, and broaden the understanding of various world cultures. We have an ongoing concert and cultural productions as well as producing 5 outdoor festivals yearly. We believe that Art, Culture and Music can Heal the World.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment