Social Media & Online Community Director for Nonprofit that Helps Sex Trade SurvivorsBookmark This
S.A.S.S.: Save a Survivor's Smile
199 "E" Ave.
Lake Oswego, OR
DescriptionSex trafficking of both minors and adults is an exigent social problem in the city of Portland and the state of Oregon. Our organization, S.A.S.S. ("Save a Survivor's Smile"), matches private dentists with survivor's whoose teeth have been damaged in the sex trade. It is a heartwarming thing to "save a survivor's smile" and watch these women regain their social confidence and dignity.
In addition to helping victim's get dental work, we provide wrap-around support of clothing, groceries, prescription funding, and other needs. Major dental work is stressful, so we provide all the help we can while survivors undergo the process.
In addition to our direct work with survivors, we provide community education and help to inform legislative policy regarding the sex trade. Issues include adoption of the Nordic model, where sellers of sex are decriminalized, but buyers and middlemen are more severely punished and deterred, as civil remedy for vulnerable persons coerced into prostitution, increased funding for victims' drug rehabilitation, housing, and job training, and similar issues.
Contact Info: Survivorssmile@gmail.com, 971.275.5271
We are a new nonprofit, with minimal online presence. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone to create branding and online presence for an important social cause.
1. helping create a strong image and brand.
2. Facebook presence
5. help with website
RequirementsS.A.S.S. (Save a Survivor's Smile) needs an intern highly skilled in social media development, which would include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. , and help with getting our website and blog running smoothly. We also need help with branding.
The Social Media & Online Community Director will be responsible for creating and overseeing the Company’s social media strategy, coordinating with others in S.A.S.S. to ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into S.A.S.S. culture and into all of the company’s products and services
This internship will require you to
1. create a roadmap and timeline for the social media tools in use on all S.A.S.S. sites, and to direct social media tool integration
2. Recruit and oversee an additional social media intern, if necessary
3. Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns
4. Source and manage relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities
5. Monitor and comment on trends in social media trends and application, acting as company spokesperson within the Social Media industry
6. Monitor the social media use and online presence of similar nonprofits and be aware of market changes and developments