Home Safety Program Intern (unpaid position)Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
LeaderworXCenter for FaithJustice
Hands on community service opportunityCompassion New England
Programming Intern, summer 2014Chicago Humanities Festival
YMCA Camp Chandler- Camp InternYMCA Camp Chandler- YMCA Montgomery
Social Media Fellow (Atlanta)Bookmark This
Operation HOPE, Inc.
Peach Tree Street
DescriptionAbout HOPE Fellowship Program
With over 100 participants to date, the Operation HOPE, Inc. (HOPE) Fellows, Interns and Loaned Executive (FILE) Program offers exceptional young men and women the opportunity to acquire skills and build vital social networks that will enhance their career paths and effectiveness as future leaders.
Operation HOPE is seeking an energetic and passionate individual to join the development team as the HOPE Social Media Fellow. He/she will play an integral role in ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the department within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, requiring the ongoing coordination, management, and development of the Communication department’s internal systems and functions.
Duration and Stipend
Duration of Fellowship is twelve months.
Students must work a minimum of twenty hours per week to earn stipend. Stipend is $1000/month.
ResponsibilitiesSocial Media Fellow will:
-Manage all social media forums for Operation HOPE
-Create weekly email newsletter publications
-Edit and manage the HOPE Blog
-Assist web designers and staff with maintaining, updating and editing HOPE webpages
-Assist with branding, marketing materials, and special projects for the annual HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit
All Fellows will be required to:
• Submit an Application Essay along with their resume, outlining their community involvement, providing evidence of their leadership skills and including a statement of personal motivation.
• Attend several Leadership Activities throughout their Fellowship
• Complete a Reflective Essay at the end of their Fellowship, summarizing their work and its impact on HOPE and the community at large
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Provide and use their own cell phone and lap top
We are looking for an applicant with the following qualities:
• An open, dynamic and entrepreneurial work ethic with a demonstrated passion for the Social Media space, Web 2.0 technologies
• Creating Social Movements with new media
• Established presence/experience in several of the following social spaces: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Flickr, Google+, Linkedin,
• Extremely savvy and knowledgeable of social media trends, innovations, and technology
• A high aptitude for design and layout skills
• Ability to emotionally connect with clients verbally and in writing
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Familiarity with current trends on social media and understanding of social media management/monitoring software
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills and ability to develop written content quickly
• Experience leveraging e-communications, social networking media for goal or outcome; adeptness with technology and online tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other basic programs
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with web or graphic design and development and website content management a plus
• Excellent writing, research and reporting skills
• Creating, managing and developing Facebook pages and campaigns
• Ability to produce and edit video and audio content a plus
• Web design and development skills a plus
• Adobe in Design, Illustrator, After Affects, iMovie, Final Cut a plus
• HTML, CSS, PHP, Wordpress a plus