Event Planning InternLifeBound, LLC
International Humanitarian Law Intern (11722)American Red Cross
Nonprofit InternThe Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia
Social Media Marketing InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Fundraising & Community Outreach InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Social Media and Fundraising InternBookmark This
Fuankem Lekeanyi Memorial Medical Center (FLMMC)
DescriptionAre you proficient in planning and carrying out a successful social media campaign? Are you interested in making a difference in the world and contributing to a cause greater than yourself? Fuankem Lekeanyi Memorial Medical Center (FLMMC) is a non-profit organization focused on improving the lives of the people in Cameroon, West Africa through improved access to and a higher quality of medical care.
With the ultimate goal of building and operating a fully functional community medical clinic, our organization plans to send teams of physicians each year to provide voluntary basic medical care until we are able to build the clinic. With a strong base of support and some early fundraising, we are looking to build upon our success, establish an online fundraising operation and build excitement around our first medical trip to Cameroon planned for March 2014.
FLMMC has ambitious goals and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. We are a small non-profit organization, so as an intern you will get to work closely with the board of directors, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Responsibilities- Create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Tracking social media analytics and reporting results and new ideas to our board of directors.
- Creating compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts.
- Assist our board of directors in building and carrying out social media strategy and online fundraising campaign.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
Requirements- Background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and basic website programming and maintenance
Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
Interest in nonprofit management and community development.