Social Work InternBookmark This
National MS Society Gateway Area Chapter
1867 Lackland Hill Parkway
Saint Louis, MO
DescriptionThe intern will provide direct assistance support to the Financial Assistance and Care Management. The majority of client contact happens over the phone, with occasional home visits and visits to MS Comprehensive Care Centers at local hospitals. Students will assist with processing applications & helping to determine eligibility for financial assistance, as well as offering guidance and referrals to other available community resources.
Time Commitment and Stipend:
14 to 16 hours a week during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, with the exact days and times to be determined according to intern schedule. An education stipend is awarded to those who complete 100-600 hours per semester. (The average is $500/240 hours of service), this amount is applied directly toward tuition.
Responsibilities• Assist with provision of agency services to people living with MS.
• Compile and evaluate statistics about service provision and customer satisfaction.
• Research and compile information on community resources related to financial assistance and
• Provide intermittent care management support to individuals with MS and their care partner, including processing appropriate documentation and following up with other community resources.
RequirementsMust be at least 18
Must be enrolled with a university/college at the time of the internship
Must be available for 14-16 hrs per week between Mon-Fri: 8:30AM-5PM
• Students with interest in Social Work or the helping professions who have good written and verbal communication, computer and problem solving skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Must have ability to perform various office duties, computer skills, knowledge of Word and Excel, and strong interpersonal skills.