Event Planning InternLifeBound, LLC
International Humanitarian Law Intern (11722)American Red Cross
Nonprofit InternThe Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia
Social Media Marketing InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Fundraising & Community Outreach InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Special Events InternshipBookmark This
121 Barnard Street
DescriptionTelfair Museums, the oldest public art museum in the Southeast, has been an integral part of Savannah’s social landscape for over a century. Since opening its doors to the public in 1880s, the museum has grown from a renovated family mansion into a distinguished cultural institution boasting three architecturally-significant buildings; a permanent collection of approximately 4,000 works of art from America and Europe, dating primarily from the 18th-21st centuries; and a history of dynamic educational programming, community outreach, and exciting exhibitions. Located in Savannah’s vibrant historic district, the museum consists of the Telfair Academy and the Owens-Thomas House two circa 1820 National Historic Landmark buildings and the contemporary Jepson Center.
This internship is unpaid. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit. Telfair Museums does not provide travel, relocation, parking or housing assistance for interns.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2014
Department/Location: Multiple sites in downtown Savannah, Georgia
Purpose and Goals: This position will provide hands-on experience as it will have a heavy focus on the museum’s fundraising events and marketing/PR initiatives. This position will also be exposed to other departments of the museum including development/fundraising, curatorial, education, and administration. Our goal is for the intern to leave the program with a holistic perspective of what it means to work for a museum and/or non-profit.
Time Requirement: 20-30 hours per week. Schedule as well as start and end date will be discussed during interview process.
• Be at least a rising college junior or senior currently enrolled in a college/university
• Assist in coordination on various special events during the semester including but not limited to:
o Monte Carlo (casino night)
o Art Fair (weekend long outdoor arts festival)
o Rooms with a View (member group fundraiser)
o Telfair Ball (museum gala if February )
o Various internal events such as receptions, luncheons, lectures, etc.
• Assist staff and volunteers on event planning including logistics, timelines, layouts, decoration plans, catering, volunteer coordination, supplies, permitting, etc
• Assist staff with management and communication of artists/vendors
• Assist in coordination of online auction management software and coordination of items
• Assist staff with site visits for rental prospects such as weddings or corporate events and learn about the sales and contracting process
• Assist staff with management of at least one rental event
• Meet with other members of staff to learn about their jobs and roles within the organization
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented, outgoing personality and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good computing skills.
• Willingness to assist occasionally during events on nights and weekends.
• Desire to learn about many aspects of a nonprofit organization.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
• Able to lift 20 lbs
• Able to climb stairs