Feline Intern Needed- Learn Animal Rescue!Hopalong Animal Rescue
Public Communications InternThomas Creations
Community Relations Intern/ Corporate Social Responsibility InternWorking Wardrobes
Veteran Services/Case Management InternshipWorking Wardrobes
Client Services InternshipDress for Success Worldwide-Central
Special Events and Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
200 Lexington Ave., Suite 707
New York, NY
DescriptionDIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic intern for the fall as we plan our winter and spring events. The Special Events Intern will assist the DIFFA staff with event planning and execution, research, outreach on online social networks and other fundraising projects as needed.
• Can be applied for school credit if applicable (please provide requirements for credit from your institution)
ResponsibilitiesInternship to include venue and vendor research, helping to maintain and manage timelines, assisting with donor prospect research, helping to maintain donor and participant lists, assisting in creation of some marketing materials and social media strategy, helping to compile materials for event, may help with organizing and cataloging historical materials for use during upcoming anniversary, and other event and fundraising related tasks.
• 15 – 20 hours / week (schedule flexible within normal workday hours - 9:30 - 5:30)
• Opportunity to help at some evening events but not required
Requirements• Excellent writing and research skills.
• Knowledge of and commitment to our mission.
• Computer-savvy. Proficiency in word processing (including creating and executing mail merges in Microsoft Word), creating and managing lists in Excel, email and internet research.
• Familiarity with social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
• Wordpress knowledge is a plus, but not required.
• Graphic design experience a plus but not required.
• Interest in non-profit organizations and fundraising, with a focus on event planning and execution.
• Interest in design industries.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Academic, extracurricular activities or work experience in social sciences, public relations, fundraising, special events, design, etc. a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual and gender identities.
• Some office experience preferred.
• First year of college completed or graduate student.
• All majors and backgrounds welcome.