Special Events/Communications AssistantBookmark This
Muscular Dystrophy Association
400 Penn Center Blvd
DescriptionThe Muscular Dystrophy Association is dedicated to conquering neuromuscular diseases. The Pittsburgh office provides services to over 1,400 members throughout Southwestern PA. Our services include funding (3) clinics (children, adult, and ALS), MDA Summer Camp, Emergency Fund, Support Group, and Durable Medical Devices.
We are flexible with our schedule as we understand that many of the individuals who apply are students. We require someone who can come into the office no less than 2 days a week (hours can be set during interview). The position is currently open. This is an unpaid internship. If your school allows you can do this for class credit.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Assist with the planning process of current and new MDA fundraising events, including but not limited to the MDA Muscle Walk, MDA Muscle Team, MDA Lock-Up program, and MDA Shamrocks for Dystrophy.
- Create weekly newsletters/collateral material to be sent to local sponsors/accounts
- Write and edit pre and post event press releases to be sent to local media outlets
- Contact MDA sponsors and families on a regular basis to ensure strong relationships are built and kept
- Assist with social media (Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite)
- Attend MDA functions and fundraising events (will work with schedule)
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Ability to organize and implement ideas and events
- Written skills