Marketing/Office Intern of Startup NonprofitExtraordinary Extras
MALE NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Boys' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte, NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Story Collection InternBookmark This
Neighborhood Housing Services of Minneapolis
901 N 3rd st, suite 300
DescriptionA Story Collection Intern is sought to assist in creating, designing and interviewing for a first ever story collection project.
The Story Collection Intern will assist the Deputy Director with a new measure within a well-established organization. The candidate hired for this position will be asked to utilize critical thinking skills in order to integrate into a passionate team who are excited to share in this exciting launch. This is a unique opportunity for an intern to gain valuable experience in assisting a new project from the ground up.
Compensation & Benefits
• This is an unpaid internship
• Exposure to local, regional and national issues and leaders
• Great networking opportunities and job skills development
• Full opportunities to learn and train in multiple positions within the organization
• Hands-on skill development for office life skills such as basic office skills, meeting management, appointment setting, etc
• Required travel and parking cost will be covered
• Flexible and casual work environment
• Access to a creative fitness facility
• Upon successful and positive completion of the internship, intern will receive a letter of reference, and formal evaluation to help further their future career path
Priority will be given to applications received with completed applications by September 25, 2013
Complete applications will include: resume, links to three examples of your writing samples and if available video and/or social media content and cover letter specifically addressing this posting, to: Karin@minneapolisnhs.org. Please put “Social Media Intern” in the subject header. We will be in contact only if you have been selected for an interview. Please do not call. Thank you for your understanding.
NHS is an equal opportunity employer
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities to be coached on:
• Brainstorm and create interview questions and though-provoking story recommendations
• Create interview questions
• Photograph, copy and video all necessary content
• Obtain appropriate releases
• Create and maintain a database
• Generate a geographic plan and map
• Help create a training manual for future collection
• Appropriate plan for storage and duplication
• Follow-up with appropriate questions, thank you cards and documentation
• Aggregate and/or create article and video content
• Develop questionnaires and evaluations
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Familiar with both Mac and PC
• Previous interview training
• People skills and positive community outreach skills
• Other marketing activities as assigned by supervisor
• Ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude
• Familiar with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Preferred majors: Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Psychology or related field
• Previous experience with a non-profit
• Demonstrated ability to work with customers from a variety of socio economic and ethnic backgrounds
• Public speaker abilities and aptitude for learning