Playspace Program InternHorizons for Homeless Children
Volunteer Mentor Specialist InternTake Stock in Children of Broward
Urban Garden Fall InternshipNorris Square Neighborhood Project
Seeking a Frank & Claire Underwood (House of Cards) type for QEB Foundation: Non-Profit OrgQEB, LLC
CA$H for CHANGE>> Hands-on JOB Training with QEB Foundation: Non-Profit OrganizationQEB, LLC
Storytelling InternshipBookmark This
407 Fulton St.
Building Tomorrow, Inc. (BT), an international social-profit organization empowering young people to invest their resources, time and talents in providing students in East Africa with access to an education, has tons of great stories to tell about its work abroad. We’re seeking motivated college students with fresh ideas to help us share our work through a variety of media platforms. Storytelling interns will work together to create compelling visual content for Building Tomorrow to share with college chapters, current and potential donors, and supporters.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow currently works with a growing network of over 25 collegiate chapters to directly support the construction of community-sponsored primary schools throughout rural Uganda. To date, Building Tomorrow has completed 15 primary schools, providing safe classroom space for over 4,000 students with a full-time staff of four in the US and ten in Uganda.
Building Tomorrow believes that creativity, innovation, and learning require idea sharing and collaborative environments. To facilitate collaboration, Building Tomorrow employs a unique internship model called a paired internship program. Within the construct of the paired internship program, two part-time interns are hired for each intern project. Intern pairs will work together to generate innovative ideas and complete assigned projects.
• Internship timeframe: September-December
• Hours per week: approximately 15 hrs.
• Internships are unpaid, however, we will gladly help you receive academic credit for your internship
specific responsibilities will include:
• Research effective storytelling campaigns used in the nonprofit sector
• Meet one-on-one with BT team members to gather information and document stories
• Use a variety of multi-media platforms to create engaging content such as virtual or print story books, a short video series, presentations, blog posts (we want you to use your imagination, our goal is to document stories that we have not had the chance to tell)
• Create content to be shared on social media outlets including BT’s YouTube page
• Other duties as assigned
Requirementswe want you to apply if you…
• Have a passion for education equality
• Believe in the power of young people to change the world
• Are a self-starter and a do-er
• Enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges
• Are a strong team player with a self-motivated work ethic
• Are open to brainstorming and collaborating with an entire office
• Seek to find ways in which education aid can be sustainable, culturally relevant and life-changing
• Are adaptable and a quick learner
criteria to be met
• Demonstrated experience with iMovie, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Production Suite are preferred
• Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
• Excellent written and oral communication skills