Feeding Children Everywhere Intern- Los Angeles, CaliforniaFeeding Children Everywhere
Feeding Children Everywhere Intern- Hartford, ConnecticutFeeding Children Everywhere
Feeding Children Everywhere Intern- Orlando, FLFeeding Children Everywhere
Spanish - English translator / Traductor de Español - InglésRichi Childhood Cancer Foundation
Home Repair/Safety Guarantor - Strike Force CaptainRebuilding Together East Bay-North
Summer Academy LeadBookmark This
Save Our Youth
3443 W. 23rd Ave
DescriptionSummer Academy Site Lead Internship Description
Save Our Youth
Internship Position – Summer Academy Site Lead
SOY is looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns with a sincere interest to work with at risk youth for their educational development and remediation. Applicants should have upstanding moral character, basic understanding of computers, working online, and have adequate personal transportation. An intern needs to be a person who wants to make a difference in the lives of young men and women by helping them achieve academic success where struggle and failure has been the norm.
Please view our intern video at www.facebook.com/saveouryouth to hear the perspectives of previous interns. For more information please visit www.saveouryouth.org.
• Save Our Youth (SOY) is a 501(c)3 faith based nonprofit organization, dedicated to transforming the lives of at-risk youth through mentor relationships, that provide the skills for success in educational, emotional, and spiritual development.
• Save Our Youth’s summer academy provides participants with a unique opportunity to remediate their academic performance to a level that will allow them to graduate from High School, with a diploma, academically prepared to perform at an institute of higher learning.
• Each summer academy session is intended to be between four and eight weeks in duration. The success of this program rests on our ability to meet the day-to-day needs of the students so that they are able to focus on their academic work. The site lead should have a clear understanding of the desired outcome of the program. This person will be responsible for the many details and components that have to be taken care of to insure the program is successful. This person is the designated problem solver for their individual site.
Internship Description: Summer Academy site management and logistics is the primary responsibility of a site lead intern.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Job Responsibilities:
• Lead academy spiritually
• Classroom management – Establish boundaries and follow through with established boundaries, problem solving, conflict resolution.
• Leading students and fellow interns
• Strong team leader, organizationally, spiritually, and motivationally
• Delegating, planning, and executing daily tasks of summer academy
• Assess and obtain site needs
• Communicate to students, interns, supervisors current status of academy and specific needs
• Strong faith - comfortable leading others in faith and sharing own personal faith
• Classroom management experience/skills
• Previous internship with SOY or other previous experience
• Displays quality teaching skills
• Ability to lead a team
• Strong communication skills
• Management skills