Marketing InternA Better Road Foundation Inc.
Communications InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternGirl On Fire International Inc.
Business Development & Marketing InternshipFairmount Community Development Corporation
Charity Ambassadors Wanted! (New Jersey candidates only)Allure Marketing Group
Support Team MemberBookmark This
Brighter Within, Inc.
DescriptionBrighter Within, Inc. is a volunteer-driven, 501(C) 3 nonprofit organization. Brighter Within, Inc. provides community education about young adult dating violence, and Youth Leadership & Mentoring Program for boys and girls ages 8-17. Our purpose is to educate the community on young adult dating violence, and to empower young adults to be their best by assisting those in becoming productive and confident young adults that will allow them to become positive role models and future leaders.
We are seeking two highly motivated, detail-oriented students and recent graduates, who have a passion for helping youth succeed. This position is a great fit for individuals who want to build their development and communication skills and gain a greater understanding of fundraising strategies and tactics in the nonprofit field.
Interns work a flexible schedule of 15 or more hours per week (as your schedule permits). Positions are unpaid.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Tasheena Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Applicants will be required to undergo a standard background check. Must be at least 18-years-old to apply. Brighter Within, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities depend on experience, skills, interest, and schedule, but may include:
- Preparing for our events, including outreach, logistics, and securing sponsors
- Attending events and representing Brighter Within, Inc.
- Updating donor database
- Researching grants and individual donors
- Completing applications for grants and charity events
- Helping to write high-quality thank you notes to everyone who helps Brighter Within, Inc.
- Updating social media, researching media opportunities
RequirementsEssential Experience and Competencies:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and think creatively
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for our mission
- Flexibility with changing situations
- Ability to multitask under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Publisher is a plus but not required)
- Background in website maintenance and graphic design is a plus but not required