Make a Difference! We’re ChangingThePresent.org Work in NYC or VirtuallyChangingThePresent.org
Bridges to College Project & Community Outreach AssistantJVS Boston
Bridges to College Office AssistantJVS Boston
Refugee Services Employment Specialist AssistantJVS Boston
Social Media & Community Management InternL.A. HALO Inc. Helping Angelenos Live Optimisically
Training & Recruitment InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position is responsible for developing supplemental training materials and assisting in recruitment efforts for the Volunteer Department. This intern may also assist with other aspects of the program including developing content for various social media outlets, providing volunteer recognition, establishing ongoing communication with current volunteers and conducting program research.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of Volunteer Services staff.
% of Time
50% Research and develop supplemental training/enrichment opportunities for volunteers
• Research various adult education/training techniques
• Work with supervisor to plan direction and parameters for project. Following best practices for adult education/training work on developing structure and content for various supplemental training opportunities for volunteers.
30% Assist with recruitment for available volunteer positions
? Post volunteer positions to websites and other recruitment sources
? Maintain a volunteer recruitment contacts roster
? Attend recruitment fairs as needed
? Utilize Volgistics database to track new applicants
10% Create content and draft posts for department social media outlets
10% Engage in department research projects and establish ongoing communication with current volunteers.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Some formal education in related field (Human Resources, Management, Communications, Liberal Arts, etc.)
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Experience in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
5. Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications. Database management experience a plus.
6. Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
7. Previous volunteer experience – strong advocate of volunteerism preferred.
8. Flexible schedule
Benefits of Position
• Increase or reinforce knowledge of administrative work in a non-profit setting
• Gain experience developing training materials and learn about recruitment techniques
• Four free guest passes after you complete your first 25 hours, One free Museum membership after 50 hours, 100 hours and every additional hundred hours
• Hours award pins after 50 hours, 100 hours and every additional hundred hours
• Letters of reference when requested