Urban Missions Program Seeking Summer StaffBookmark This
DescriptionServe on a team hosting missions trips this summer with Kaleo Missions! We are looking for 5 college students to join us for the summer of ministry! Your responsibilities will include: briefing and debriefing teams on ministry; serving alongside of Kaleo groups; assisting with planning and preparing meals; oversight of Kaleo facilities.
We will be glad to work with your school to help you get internship credit, and we will help you raise financial support! If you have any questions, call us at 940-367-6464 or respond to this ad. We are looking for staff for each of our five cities- New Orleans, Dallas, San Diego, Portland and Minneapolis. Check out our website at www.kaleomissions.org, and find us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
• Briefing and debriefing teams: Help prepare the teams for the ministries that they will be serving at, and then help them process their missions experiences. Discussing ways to continue to live a life of mission after the mission trip is one of the key components of a Kaleo Mission trip. Effective debriefing involves confidence in both leading small group discussions as well as activities.
• Serving with teams: In order to debrief effectively and provide consistency in ministry, Kaleo summer staff will serve with our ministry partners alongside of Kaleo teams.
• Maintenance of facilities: This will include ensuring that everything is functional and stocked with needed supplies such as toilet paper, soap, paper towels, etc…
• Hospitality: Preparing and cooking meals for Kaleo teams. This may involve meal preparation for up to 60 people. Grocery shopping for needed supplies including food and ministry supplies. You will work with site director and/or assistant site director to determine needs.
• If you are interested in focusing solely on the hospitality function of the Site Host position, please note that on your application. This position may be perfect for someone needing an internship in culinary school or hospitality management. Kaleo will work with your school in order for you to obtain internship credit.
RequirementsMust be at least 18 years old
Must have prior experience in outreach/missions. What constitutes prior experience will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Must be in agreement with our Statement of Faith
Must be in agreement with our Ministry Philosophy
Must be in agreement with our standards for Kaleo staff -- attached to application
Must have a heart for outreach ministry to some of the most vulnerable people in the United States
Must love getting to know new people and have a desire to see participants lives transformed through Kaleo Missions experiences.
Must have excellent people skills and leadership skills
Must be confident speaking in front of groups
Must be reliable and self-motivated
Must demonstrate efficient time management
Must be able to raise the support needed for position