Assistant/Non-ProfitEnter Your Mind Center, Inc.
Program AssistantSooo Pretty Girls Inc
Assistant to the DirectorLevantine Cultural Center
Arabic Language Internship Program (Fall 2014)Tavaana: E-Learning Institute for Iranian Civil Society
Human Rights Internship Program (Fall 2014)Tavaana: E-Learning Institute for Iranian Civil Society
Video Tech and ProductionBookmark This
365 5th Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionLeft Forum is the largest annual progressive conference in the country. Each year thousands of conference participants come together in New York City to discuss pressing local, national and global issues; to better understand commonalities and differences, and alternatives to current predicaments; or to share ideas to help build social movements to transform the world. Recent speakers include Noam Chomsky, Arundhati Roy, Naomi Klein, Michael Moore, Cornel West, Bolivian Vice President Álvaro García Linera, Frances Fox Piven, Amy Goodman, Slavoj Zizek, and Grace Lee Boggs.
We're a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for creativity. You'll have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and relaxed) office in the Graduate Center of the City University of New York in midtown Manhattan where you'll be able to interact with scholars and people who are involved in grassroots social justice movements.
This internship is unpaid, although academic credit is available. Hours are flexible and can be adapted to fit your schedule. We ask for 15-20 hours a week for internships. And while any amount of volunteer time will help, we encourage 10 or more hours per week, and a three to six month commitment for volunteers.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities for Video Tech and Production:
• Edit and produce video clips, promotional pieces and full length videos
• Utilize multiple video editing and production platforms.
• Work with ally video and media outlets in the production of – and posting – of video footage
• help to coordinate ally and volunteer videographers for live conference video recording and production
• Join in and help build team work in creative development and production processes
• Help digitize, edit and upload and promote video content—conference panels, plenary, interviews and more
• Help to create and maintain a user-friendly interactive archival video interface
• Initiate and contribute to marketing and social media networking campaigns to promote the conference video and media archive along with outreach and networking on particular video topic area tracks that appeal to different constituencies.
RequirementsBACKGROUND AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
• Previous digital media and video experience is preferred and/or social media/digital strategist background
• High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
• Ability to work independently and remotely
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
• Communications and/or marketing background is helpful