Volunteer CoordinatorBookmark This
Veterans Business Resource Center
315 Lemay Ferry Road Ste 114 - 116
St Louis, MO
Posted: 619 days ago
DescriptionThe Veterans Business Resource Center is a nonprofit economic development agency that assists military members, National Guard, Reservist, Veterans and their families with startup and expansion of small businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois. www.vetbiz.com
Operating since 2004 from our headquarters in St. Louis, MO we have helped over 10,000 personnel in determining the viability of small business success for them and their families.
We provide the following services for transitioning military and Veterans seeking assistance at no cost:
One-on-One Business Consulting – Tailored to the needs of the individual(s), our consultants assess each clients needs and works with them to create an action plan to help move an idea from conception to implementation working through our 5-phase Veterans Entrepreneur Value Chain. For more information contact the Center
Bootstrap Training – a 3-Week intense business plan training course that takes a client through the entrepreneurship phases quickly and gets them moving on their idea or expanding their business. The course combines soft skills, technical skills, mentoring and networking training to move an idea from assessment to implementation. There will be 4 trainings in 2014.
Boots2Business (B2B) Feasibility Training – this on post training is for transitioning military and their families held on one of the 7 military post in our region in the 5 states in which we counsel. This 2-day class held during the Transition Assistance Program or Army Career Assistance Program and is an optional track. In 2013 we trained 286 military personnel in Missouri and Illinois only and expect that number to triple in 2014.
National Guard/Reserve Bootstrap – This 3-phase training process is designed with the specific training needs of the Guard and Reserve in mind. Many are deploying for their military commitments and this program helps to garner resources and resource partners to assist them with accessing assistance to keep a small business operating while they are deployed/activated. It is also designed to help returning members with reengaging their small business desires once they come home. The pilot program in 2014 is a product of over a decade of experience working with this group. The 1st phase will begin in April.
Small Business Teaming Pipeline - This is a collaborative project with St. Louis University and the Small Business Empowerment Center. The Small Business Teaming Pilot participants acquire the training and education needed for building new skills, as well as the hands-on experience of being co
ResponsibilitiesThe Volunteer Program Administrative Coordinator is responsible for conducting the volunteer program activities and assuring the program is maintained and growing. This person also is responsible for providing administrative support to the VBRC Volunteer groups which currently include:
• VBRC Financial Roundtable
• VBRC Friends
• Veterans Business Owners Network Group.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and Coordinate the activities of the office volunteers based on organization needs.
• Recruit and engage new volunteers.
• Develop Volunteer Program goals.
• Management of event volunteers as needed.
• Work with Outreach Director and Business Consultant to staff VBRC events
• Work collaboratively with all staff as needed to assure the overall success of VBRC programs and activities.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Schedule, direct and set work product of the various volunteers based on organization needs .
• Volunteer satisfaction and engagement.
• Recruiting, training and coordinating new volunteers as needed.
• Coordination of event volunteers as needed.
• Successfully contribute to the growth of the organization through creating and meeting program/project goals, timelines and budgets.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative support to VBRC Volunteer Groups.
• In conjunction with Outreach Director and Business Consultant provide event coordination, marketing distributions, and market research for expansion of 3rd Annual Veterans Summit.
• Ensure that work performed contributes to meeting the goals of the organization.
• Successfully perform the above responsibilities with little supervision.
• Commit to producing quality work and meeting all deadlines.
• Communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Work well with clients and co-workers.
• Display a positive, professional image of the Veterans Business Resource Center
• Adhere to all internal policies and procedures stated in employee handbook.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
RequirementsMust be able to take initiative. This is a new position for the center as we are now in our 10th year of service and our center is growing rapidly. We do not see it slowing down with the downsizing of the military. We need someone to help us harness the energy of the volunteers we have, develop a strong program for them to work within and be a advocate for the organization.
A working knowledge of Microsoft applications is important.