Volunteer CoordinatorBookmark This
National MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
1200 N. State ST.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionMS strikes in the prime of life, during the most productive years of many people’s careers. The diagnosis can raise difficult questions – How is MS affecting your ability to do your job? What accommodations must your employer provide for you? How long will you be able to work? The uncertainty can be isolating, however, with proper education and access to resources, people can continue to work with MS.
Be part of that solution- We are a volunteer led organizations and need your skills and talents to continue delivering needed services for people with MS and their families.
• Access to our Learning Management Systems- an extensive training portal which includes everything from Microsoft Office Applications to Conflict Resolution
• Flexible schedule
• Gain expertise in multiple sclerosis and volunteer management
Must be willing to commit for 6 months and 10-15 hours per week.
Please visit our website to learn more about MS: www.nationalmssociety.org
ResponsibilitiesRespond to all volunteer inquiries for the agency
• Conduct outreach at community events to recruit a diverse pool of volunteers
• Maintain public listings regarding volunteer opportunities
• Screen volunteer candidates and forward suitable candidates to appropriate departments
• Coordinate and assist with scheduling of volunteers for Wellness Center at Historic General Hospital MS Society office.
• Help maintain database for tracking and scheduling volunteers and volunteer opportunities
• Work with staff to coordinate volunteers for specific needs as they arise
Requirements• Currently enrolled in or graduation from a program human services
• Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•Experience with volunteer program coordination
• Experience and ability to train, support and supervise other volunteers
• Comfortable working with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community awareness.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Bi-lingual preferred
• Be able to pass a background check/ clean driving record
• Must be willing to commit for 6 months and 10-15 hours per week.