Motivated Grant Writer wanting to Earn 12% of earned grant $$The Whitney Reynolds Show
Assistant Director to the Mental Health InitiativesTurn-A-Frown Around (TAFA) Foundation, Inc
Membership & Standards Spring Intern (Part Time)InterAction
Video Production InternBmore Than Dance
Non Profit Internship ProgramBreaking the Chains
Volunteer Engagement InternBookmark This
Police Athletic League
34 1/2 East 12th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionPAL is New York City’s largest independent youth development not-for-profit organization that operates head start/day care, after-school, evening teen, summer day camp, youth employment, truancy prevention, juvenile justice and re-entry, city-wide sports, play streets and part-time centers, food service, and adventure learning programs for pre-school kids, children and adolescents ages 3 to 19. In its centennial year of service, PAL is continuing its evolution and remaining a vibrant and vital NYC institution.
PAL recruits volunteer teams to participate in special events and center-based service projects. The Volunteer Engagement Intern will report to the Manager of Training and Volunteer Services and have the opportunity to assist with the planning and execution of 3 to 5 events.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Assisting and leading on all logistics for youth focused special events
• Drafting service project plans
• Scheduling corporate volunteer teams for service projects
• Support volunteer team needs
• Support community partner relationships
• Assist with Social Media Communication
Important Benefits include:
Managerial and leadership training experiences
• Assistance with job search including resume and cover letter guidance and letter of recommendation
• Introductions and career connections with professionals from a variety of industries
• Phenomenal exposure in the non-profit, public and private sectors
• Access to senior level executives and robust network of professional volunteers
• Networking opportunities focused on professional development
Requirements: Successful candidates will be highly organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to work well on a team. Familiarity with New York City landscape. Candidates must also be detail orientated and able to work on multiple projects at one time. Candidates must be comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm, varying with certain events. Travel stipend provided.
Responsibilities- Assist the Volunteer Services department with posting positions, sourcing resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting initial phone screenings.
- Participate in crecruiting events to represent PAL and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to program departments, including, calendar management, organizing travel and events and submitting service requests
- Answer phones, distribute mail, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up meetings including conference lines/ video conferences.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications or related field
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills