Client Styling InternshipBridge to Success
Case Management/Social Work Intern, Tallahasseeleon Homeless ShelterTallahasseeleon Homeless Shelter
Be REAL Students AmbassadorBe REAL Students
Communications and Event Planning Spring InternshipYouth Outreach Services
HOPE P5117 InternOperation HOPE, Inc.
Volunteer Management InternBookmark This
730 21st St.
DescriptionUrban Peak helps youth experiencing homelessness and youth at risk of being homeless by providing essential services and a supportive community, empowering them to become self-sufficient adults. An intern can schedule their weekly service to adapt to their availability. These hours can be scheduled Mondays to Fridays, between the hours of 8am to 7pm.
ResponsibilitiesThis volunteer will be primarily responsible for providing assistance in a) volunteer recognition and retention tasks and b) in-kind donation development and management. These tasks will include a) sending out volunteer thank you messages and surveys, b) organizing and inventory of in-kind donation items and c) helping to develop corporate and community based partners for volunteerism and in-kind donation support. It’s possible this intern could also volunteer on a limited basis as a client services volunteer providing direct care experience with our clientele. However, it would be understood that the priority of the volunteer’s duties would focus on volunteer management duties.
* Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and present a highly professional, welcoming and appreciative demeanor in interacting with the public and volunteers.
* Work effectively and collaboratively with Urban Peak staff.
* This position requires proficient use of standard office systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and skills in scheduling and facilitating volunteers and volunteer service projects.
* Have a broad base of administrative skills, ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and possess strong problem solving, time management and communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in organizational structure and move among functional areas when needed.
* Motivated to solve problems, create solutions and see projects through to completion.
* Get a TB test.