Volunteer Programs InternBookmark This
5508 Parkcrest Drive Suite 203
DescriptionThe Volunteer Programs Intern will assist the Volunteer Programs Manager with various duties particularly in the areas of recruiting, orienting, recognizing, evaluating and overall managing of Komen Austin volunteers. There will also be opportunities to assist with managing volunteers for affiliate special events.
Responsibilities• Assist with recruiting and recognizing volunteers for Komen office, special events and Race for the Cure
• Assist with recruitment through web postings and attending recruitment fairs.
• Assist with Komen 101 – Volunteer Orientations with opportunities to enhance public speaking and training skills.
• Attend intern/volunteer fairs and special events as a Komen representative.
• Write communications (i.e. monthly Volunteer E-Newsletter, blogs, social media posts)
• Organize corporate and group volunteer projects
• Data entry of volunteer information into database
RequirementsRequired Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent verbal & written communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Public speaking skills, a plus
• Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
• Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
• Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is a plus
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have reliable transportation
• Hours may vary from the standard 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. based on upcoming events.