Volunteer Recruitment InternBookmark This
World Medical Relief
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.
DescriptionPosition Title: Volunteer Recruitment Intern
Term: 6 months -1 year Pay rate: Unpaid
Hours: 20 to 30 hours per week
Supervisor: Director of Development and Community Affairs
Goal or purpose of position: The volunteer recruitment intern provides a range of support to assist the Director of Development and Community Affairs. The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of development team at World Medical Relief.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Crystal Staffney, Director of Development and Community Affairs: email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesMajor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Research, develop and maintain lists of potential volunteer groups and individuals
• Help manage volunteer outreach using social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist, Idealist.org, and VolunteerMatch.com
Find community events in order to recruit more volunteers
• Provide scheduled volunteers with necessary documentation in a timely manner, including waivers, directional
• maps, volunteer FAQs, and other necessary documents
• Conduct onsite volunteer orientation at least once a week either Friday or Saturday morning
• Assist with data entry and ensure data quality of volunteer statistics
• Plan and facilitate Volunteer Committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes.
• Must be very organized, multi task and flexible for changing
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Person should be enthusiastic, poised, and professional
• Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the ministry.
• The internship will also include administrative duties such as: envelope stuffing, file cleaning, data entry, etc.
RequirementsExperience/Education: Ideal candidate will have an Associates or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related Business Major. Experience in NEON CRM donor database a plus.
Qualifications (required, desired):
• You will be required to have your own laptop.
• Strong interest in a nonprofit career
• At least 2 years of experience in public relations
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Available by phone and Internet
• No previous felony convictions: subject to criminal background check