Wish Fulfillment/Marketing InternBookmark This
Wish of a Lifetime
1821 Blake St., Ste. 200
DescriptionWish of a Lifetime (WOL)’s mission is to foster respect and appreciation for seniors by granting life-enriching wishes. At WOL we believe that most seniors have something in their life that they have always wanted to do or experience. However, for many different reasons, many seniors never get to experience these dreams. We make those wishes come true, contributing to an American cultural change that honors and celebrates the lives of our elders. WOL is a National organization based in Denver, Colorado, started by two-time Olympic Skier and former NFL football player Jeremy Bloom.
ResponsibilitiesEligibility: The internship program is designed for individuals with the goal of becoming a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience. Ideal candidates will possess a desire to enact meaningful social change within the community. Participation will provide interns with opportunity to gain skills and experiences such as the ability to organize work, communication skills, fundraising, and an overall understanding of a non-profit organization.
Positions: WOL offers both academic and non-academic internships. Internships provide the opportunity to learn about working in the non-profit sector by working on WOL’s wish fulfillment and/or marketing program. Areas of focus may include:
• Call and interview seniors and nominators about Wish submissions
• Schedule and coordinate all interested parties for wishes
• Coordinate and attend wish send-off events and celebrations, when applicable
• Solicit, purchase or make necessary arrangements for each wish as assigned
• Work with staff to post wishes via social media, web and other avenues.
• Disseminate information on wish program and wish events.
• Assist with inquiries and requests from regional and national media outlets.
• Conduct local outreach to inform organizations and individuals about our Mission and uncover wishes for deserving seniors in the community.
• Work to organize fundraising campaigns and activities to support Wishes
• Maintain media asset libraries including wish stories, photographs and video.
• Prepare news releases and other media materials for distribution to media outlets.
• Ensure that proper permission has been gathered from all sources.
• Assist in editing/writing wish stories, Web content, press releases, brochure copy
• Collect and catalog wish stories, photographs, video, art, etc. from a variety of sources, including chapter Web sites and submissions, sponsors, and media
• All internships are unpaid
• All positions are based in Denver, Colorado
• Some flexibility for working offsite
• Internships typically run for 12 weeks and are concurrent with the academic schedules of Colorado institutions of higher learning. WOL attempts to be flexible with internship scheduling.
• Accommodations will be made for holidays and academic and/or work schedules
• Interns are expected to follow the WOL Intern/Volunteer handbook and are responsible for fulfilling the time commitment as noted
• Interns are expected to fulfill a minimum of 15-20 hours per week
• Interns are responsible for their own transportation, parking and housing
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework, volunteerism or employment experience.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing.
• The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained in daily interactions.
• Proficiency in all MS Office programs with an emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and internet research tools.
• Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required