WordTheatre InternshipBookmark This
2525 Michigan Avenue
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionWordTheatre gives voice to great writing. Our mission is to inspire empathy, curiosity and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances of contemporary literature. We work with renowned actors and authors in Los Angeles, New York and England. We also create original themed events to benefit fellow educational and charitable organizations. We are always brainstorming new programs and launching new projects to bring literature to life in different communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION: As a WordTheatre intern you can work on a variety of projects depending on our production calendar and your personal interests. You can learn:
• How to plan and execute a live event, including both promotion and production.
• How to grow programs including Title I arts education and targeted outreach initiatives.
• How to create and evaluate social media marketing campaigns including simple video editing, writing copy, photo editing and community outreach.
• How the inner workings of a non-profit run including grant writing, brand management, program strategy and basic program budgeting.
ABOUT YOU: We are looking for three exceptional fall interns. Future interns should:
• Be creative, logical, "big picture" thinkers
• Be great communicators, written and verbal
• Be ready to take on a constant stream of inquires without getting overwhelmed
• Be personable and friendly
• Be fast learners and be able to adapt and work in a rapidly changing environment
• Be team players; flexible, organized, with great follow through
ResponsibilitiesInterns are responsible for assisting with multiple projects including:
- Event production
- Publicity and marketing, including online and social media
- Archiving and editing of video, audio and photographs
- Nonprofit strategy and management
- Program creation and follow through
RequirementsRequirements: Interns must be able to commit to 12 hours per week for 2-3 months. We are looking for undergraduate students seeking class credit who live in the Los Angeles area. Interns should have reliable transportation and be able to use Microsoft Office.
Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-5pm (min 2 days required)
Starting time: ASAP
Compensation: Unpaid. College credit is available.