Virtual Social Media InternshipSIETAR Europa
Nonprofit Coordinator InternshipClara Vista
Marketing & Communications InternClara Vista
Major Donor Event InternLACMA
Part time Administrative Assistant with Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Golden COJefferson Symphony Association
Human Services InternYWCA of Bethlehem
Graphic Design/Photo InternFloreciendo
Volunteer Management InternIrish Fair of Minnesota
Youth Program Assistant (Work Study)Bookmark This
600 Washington Ave, Suite 18U-A
Posted: July 30 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBPSOS-Delaware Valley is currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible work-study student to support our various youth-related projects under our Asian Youth Empowerment Program (AYEP).
AYEP currently serves high school youth by developing and challenging their perceptions of self, society, and world by actively and critically engaging in projects within their various communities in Philadelphia. Youth are encouraged to explore different aesthetic mediums and materials, engage in philosophical exploration, and to study the social trends within and outside of their neighborhood communities.
AYEP Program Assistants are part of a seasonal team designed to provide high-quality and rigorous youth programming for 30-50 youth in our various school-year and summer intensive programs.
For college students, this position is qualifies for work study.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for Philadelphia positions or email@example.com for Camden/South Jersey positions.
Responsibilities• Recruit, interview, and support at least 30 Southeast Asian and other minority immigrant youth in the AYEP school-year Program
• Assess youth readiness for program referrals
• Review the quality of youth enrollment files
• Maintain filing system for youth and provider files, including payroll, timesheets, and other HR paperwork as necessary, including entering data files into proprietary database
• Organize, plan, and carry out professional development seminars for youth
• Embody and integrate excellent customer service into daily work
• Serve as an example of professionalism
• Travel to worksites throughout the city of Philadelphia
• Assist in the development of curricula and program schedules.
• Implement curricula and lead youth through multi-media projects during the duration of the 6 week program; see youth through the completion of their Journey Home community assessment and documentaries
• Translation of brochures, flyers, and pamphlets of information as needed
Requirements• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Bilingual in Vietnamese/English preferred
• Access to transportation preferred
• PC computer literacy, proficient in Word, Excel, and internet usage