Youth Programs InternshipBookmark This
Zoo New England
1 Franklin Park Rd.
DescriptionThe Youth Programs Intern is responsible for helping to develop and maintain Zoo New England’s (ZNE) Millennial Initiative. Such initiative will increase youth awareness around conservation while developing collaboration amongst teens and college students. In this role, duties will include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks geared towards the advancement of this initiative. Oral communication skills are essential. In general, tasks would include research and analysis, database formulation and maintenance, event planning, project development and other miscellaneous duties as needed. Opportunities for social media expansion and continuation may also be available. The Youth Programs Intern should be motivated to work in a positive and professional atmosphere with supervision yet room for growth and independent work opportunity.
Responsibilities• Participates in the planning and growth of ZNE’s Earth Day youth rally.
• Researches community projects that will allow for large scale youth volunteering.
• Maintains a database of the youth millennial network and environmental organizations in participation.
• Organizes and plans specific days designed for youth collaboration.
• Program development and program assessment methods.
• Provides excellent customer service and positive interactions with all Zoo guests and employees.
• Answers general questions while promoting Zoo New England, its programs and its mission.
• Interacts positively and professionally with ZNE’s partners.
RequirementsPreferred candidates should be enrolled in, or have completed, an undergraduate program or studies in communication, education, or a related field and/or experience in an education or zoo field. Must be available from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., actual hours flexible.
Term: Would prefer at least twenty (20) hours, four (4) hours per day for three (3) consecutive months. ZNE is willing to work with an individual’s schedule.