Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Administrative and Fundraising InternBookmark This
10455 Sorrento Valley Road, Ste. 208
San Diego, CA
Posted: January 08 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTitle: Administrative & Fundraising Intern
Organization: FACE Foundation
Classification: Nonprofit Intern (unpaid position)
Reports to: PR & Events Manager
Latest Update: 12/31/14
The FACE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity whose mission is to enhance and preserve the quality of life of animals by providing access to necessary medical care and education. Based on established criteria, FACE provides financial grants to animal owners who are unable to partially or fully cover the cost of their pet's emergency or critical care.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and fundraising programs, including FACE's upcoming silent auction.
- Assist with writing, preparing and disseminating external communications including regular press releases, e-newsletters, invitations, appeals and marketing materials/flyers, etc.
- Solicit in-kind donations for auction and opportunity drawings.
- Solicit in-kind food and beverage donations.
- Assist in maintaining FACE's social media.
- Misc. administrative tasks, including filing, mailings, etc.
*Please note that this is an unpaid internship, and that we work in an office setting (there is no direct animal contact/handling). We request interns dedicate a minimum of ten hours/week to the internship for a period of at least three months.
Valid California drivers license.
Ability to work and stand on feet for up to 8-10 hours a day.
Ability to sit and work with a desk-top and/or lap-top computer.
High school diploma.
Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to follow through on projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
Ability to work with others effectively.
Must support the purpose of the foundation and have a passion for animals.