Event CoordinatorThe G.Y.M. Project
Social Media & Community Management InternThe G.Y.M. Project
Fundraising Intern for One Warm CoatOne Warm Coat
Business Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Grant Writing InternTubman
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Regional Mental Health Advocacy Coordinator - VirtualGriffin Ambitions Ltd.
Teachers/Counselors at SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Administrative InternBookmark This
The Giving Back Fund
5757 W Century Blvd., Ste 410
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: March 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Giving Back Fund is a national nonprofit organization that provides philanthropic consulting, management, and administrative services to professional athletes, celebrities, high net worth individuals and corporations. Because of its high-profile client/donor base, we are able to offer an outstanding opportunity for those with an interest in the cross-section of the sports and entertainment business, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship. We are seeking interns on fixed schedules to assist with a variety of tasks associated with our various clients.
To date, we have worked with more than 200 top personalities from the fields of sports, entertainment, science, and business to help encourage them to become more involved with charitable causes and to increase the impact of their charitable donations. Donors with whom we have worked include Yao Ming, Ben Roethlisberger, Chauncey and Piper Billups, Doug Flutie, Jalen Rose, Elton Brand, Coach John Thompson, Arvydas Sabonis, Nancy Kerrigan, Donyell Marshall, Magic Johnson, Scott Mellanby, La'Roi Glover and Jon Seda. GBF has overseen the direct distribution of tens of millions of dollars in grants around the world and facilitated the raising of hundreds of millions more by leveraging the power of celebrities to raise awareness about critical health and social issues.
We are looking for a qualified student intern to work 15-20 hours/week in our Los Angeles office. The intern will work with the CFO and Office Manager to perform critical clerical and administrative duties.
Responsibilities• Aid in the development & maintenance of contact database & develop database in The Raiser’s Edge
• Research program-related needs for various foundations
• Help foundation managers create relationships with corporations and social organizations
• Find and follow-up on trade publication leads (e.g. Sports Business Daily, Philanthropy News Digest)
• Participate in staff and foundation meetings both to learn and to contribute
• Help with the coordination of special events
• Provide general administrative support
RequirementsQualifications of an ideal candidate include:
• Innovative and strategic work ideas and habits
• Ability to prioritize and organize tasks
• Excellent researching, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in fast paced environment with tight deadlines
• Proficient in the use of databases and Microsoft Office products
• Desire to work in nonprofit environment
• Passion for social impact, helping others, and philanthropy
• Ability to work individually and part of a team
• Detail oriented