Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Administrative Volunteer Intern Studio City, CABookmark This
The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation
4370 Tujunga Avenue, Ste 330
Studio City, CA
Posted: February 25 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation keeps music alive in our schools by donating musical instruments to under-funded music programs, giving youngsters the many benefits of music education, helping them to be better students and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
We believe that kids thrive when given the chance to learn and play music. Putting an instrument into their hands improves the quality of their education and their lives. The window is brief and all kids deserve a chance to play music in school!
The Administrative Volunteer Intern can expect to support tasks/projects that advance the goals of The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation while building valuable non-profit experience.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Intern is to support Program and Operations with key projects. You will work closely with each department to support daily tasks.
- Preparing grant related documents;
- Data entry - maintaining and updating our application database;
- Communicate with awarded schools to obtain updates on staffing changes and/or changes to the music program;
- Research projects (i.e;: school/ district data)
- Data entry – maintaining and updating our donor database;
- Mailings- Managing fulfillment process from start to finish
Preference will be given to those who can commit to at least 2-3 days in the office per week (4-6 hours per day). Whether you join us as an expert or a novice, your time and effort will truly make a difference in our mission.
Requirements- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office, GoogleDocs, and social media
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good typing skills (45+ wpm)
- Good organization skills
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- A strong comfort level and adaptability working with new database systems
- Have previous work and/or internship experience
- Interest in the Foundation's mission